Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: The Perfect Prayer ?

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Perfect Prayer ?

1 Chronicles 4:9-10

9
There was a man named Jabez who was more distinguished than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. 10He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and extend my lands! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God granted him his request.

I know that I an no more distinguished than any of my sisters (I have 3) but I know that this is a prayer that is close to my heart. Jabez was not a hero but he was a faithful follower and lived his life as God directed.

My prayer: God that you would bless me and watch over the lands on which I reside, Please be with me in all that I do, be with me as I come to you for answers to daily questions and guide me in the right direction. Allow me to hear You. Let me see You in myself and let others see You in me. Keep me out of trouble and I know that when I am in trouble, You will be there to catch me and forgive me. God, please take away the physical, mental and emotional pain that I carry. Father, bless my family and all who come to you. In Christ's name, Amen

Comments:
That's what I mean, It isn't really asking for anything besides allowing him to draw closer and keeping him safe. I wasn't to absolute perfection just a statement that it was a prayer that was prayed and answered. That's all really and that I thought it was good because it was a "little'man that prayed it. I sometimes feel so small (not in size mind you) but in the scheme of things.
 
I agree with you on the hipe aspect. I didn't care for all the "profiteering" done on this verse. I just like simple! The prayer (in the bible) is simple. I feel that we do become at time so concerned with others that we forget to ask for ourselves. I am constantly praying for others but I rarely pray for myself. Even in my condition, because I feel it is being selfish. I love the Lord's prayer and it too is one of my favorites but it was just the scripture I was reading when I posted the verse. I let God give me something to write and I do it. (well maybe He didn't tell me to write the "bug" one but He definitely encouraged me to put in the one about the shrimp recipe! lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show