Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: A SONGWRITER, A PSALMIST, THE SAME?

Friday, August 19, 2005

A SONGWRITER, A PSALMIST, THE SAME?

“ [ For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth. A song. ] God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. ”- Psalm 46:1

This is the verse of the day with Biblegateway. I looked at it and thought to myself, this sounds sooooooo familiar. Then it hit me, we sing this in church.

The difference is ....."an ever present help in time of need" I wish I could keep up with who sings what and the names of songs but I tend to listen to the words and forget the rest. If you know which song this is please let me know and I'll put a link to it. Thanks.

I don't even know if it's the same song, but I just thought of another one...."God is my refuge, in Him alone, I find my strength, here in the darkness of my ...."

"SHELTER ME" (JUST THOUGHT OF IT A WEEK LATER!!)

So, is a songwriter and a Psalmist the same thing. I think yes. I do believe
that a psalmist as of the ones in the Bible, are writing specifically about biblical times whereas there were also psalmist that wrote what would have been in there time the "secular" music. I just dont know that they called themselves "songwriters". But then, what do I know? What's your opinion on the matter. Let me know!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show