Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY!

Monday, September 05, 2005

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY!

Well, after having watched 6+ days of the Katrina tragedy, I am sick to my stomach, and having a hard time just keeping up with things. I am one of those people, who can't seem to turn off the tv when something like this happens. Not that anything like this has ever happened before, at least not in my lifetime. I have sat and pondered and worried and in reality, I know that there is really not that much I can do except pray. I am not wealthy, I don't really have room to take anyone in and I have been buying things to donate as I can. I can however, give things from my home. I have WAY more than I need.
Now, the only problem that I foresee, is this: I will have to clean as I pull out things to help the evacuees with things they could use in the time they are getting things back in order. I have clothes, toys, shoes, funiture, and even a refridgerator. I have dishes, towels and so much more. This is just a beginning. If I were to go through every room in my house, I could probably dress an entire family as well as furnish them with enough stuff to fill a house.
Therefore the problem is still that I will have to clean out each room. Do people really want hand me downs? Do they really want to wear used shoes? Would I be able to? The answer, I think, is a resounding YES! I believe that when one is having to start over from scratch, hand me downs are great. To have a couple of changes of clothes, clean undies, socks and such, would definitely be a plus. I keep trying to look on the bright side of things which is really hard at this point but I have found one. With the extras around my house and those of my friends that are doing the same thing, we should be able to help several families have some sense of normalcy. I am pretty sure I just spelt that wrong but am unable to figure out how to use the spell check on here.
As for the Brand New Day, I am going to strive to remove anything from one room that I do not need and take it to the Chamber of Commerce. Each day I will try to finish another room. By the end of the week, my house should be "Clean Swept" and in the end, I'll have much less to move when the time comes.
This will work out great for others and for myself.
NOW, WHERE ARE MY VOLUNTEERS?

HELLO..........

YEAH YOU!............

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?...................

GET YOUR HINEY OVER HERE AND HELP ME!..................

Just kidding. I will accept any help that might want to spend the day going through junk, so if you are a junk junkie, have I got the rooms for you!

Blessings,
Colleen

Comments:
Good for you!!! You are choosing 2 help wisely in a smart, practical, inexpensive and definitely a win-win situation for both parties.....
I hope many more are inspired to do the same.

I hope u r doping gooooood, and feeling better. Have bn out of house lately a lot, so havnet talked 2 u as much. I'll try 2 catch u tom, c-ya, l8r, take care
 
Hey, great to hear from you. We've been busy too but I have missed talking with you. I will be here tonightat 8:00-930
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show