Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: TERROR, DISASTER, TRAGEDY!!!!!!!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

TERROR, DISASTER, TRAGEDY!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! People are blogging like mad these last few days and I am troubled by several that are totally (and I mean TOTALLY) dogging our President. I blog surfed via the "next blog" button and was stupified by the number of bloggers who are shaken to the core by what is going on and then even more blogs about how our President has failed, is a failure and so on.
It is breaking my heart. I have left comments on some and had to quit. I cannot fight the fight alone. I was beginning to get writers cramps. I finally just ended up simply putting, "I will pray for you along with my ever growing list of victims of Katrina."
I just want people to know that our President is a HUMAN being, that he was created by God just like the rest of the human beings, (you, me, everyone) on this great planet, and in this great country. Human beings are suffering in La, Ms, Al, and Tx. and many more locations. These people are not all the victims of Katrina. These are the ones trying to help, the ones who are having to remove bodies, those who are piloting shanook choppers to retrieve and rescue. These people are the ones driving for hours and hours to transport, to deliver much needed supplies. Humans that are as I am, humbled at the mighty power nature can become. God is merciful! Never forget that! He did not create this monster, but even though I believe He allowed it to happen, I also believe the reasons behind it are His alone! I know that whatever His plans, they were in place long before I was even born and we have to live through the trials and sufferings to become better followers. Stronger believers, to have stronger FAITH!
I digress.
I am watching the news like probably 80% of Americans are. I choose to watch Fox News Live on Satelite channel 205. I do not like Geraldo Rivera, never have, but he is down there, not only talking, but trying to help. I admire this. I may not like him as a person, but that does not mean that I will dog him at every turn of events.
Give the President a break. I can only imagine how much he is suffering at the total chaos that began this tragedy, at the immense number of lost lives, the increasing number of homeless.
Stop a moment and think about this. Homeless! Those who were homeless before this, will be given a place of shelter, refuge, a roof, meals, etc. Those who have never been homeless in their lives, will receive the same. Imagine being one of the victims of this storm and not knowing where your next meal will come from, where you can go to the bathroom, where your child will sleep, when the criminal will come and take from you your most valued posession...your child!
It is not a time for name calling!
It is not a time for wrist slapping!
It is not a time for sitting down and doing nothing!
IT IS A TIME OF RESTORATION!!!!!
IT IS A TIME FOR PRAYER, FOR HOPE AND FAITH TO BE RESTORED! TIME FOR RESTORED RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOD! TIME FOR RECONCILLIATIONS WITH LOVED ONES!
IT IS A TIME FOR REBUILT HOMES, RELATIONSHIPS, FRIENDSHIPS, FAMILY ETC...
IT IS A TIME TO GET ON OUR KNEES AND PRAY FOR PROTECTION FOR OUR CHILDREN, OUR VERY LIVES.
IT IS A TIME TO RETURN TO THE BELIEF THAT THIS GREAT NATION IS CALLED:
"THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" FOR A REASON!

Comments:
you said it sista!
 
While I may not agree with some of your ideas and opinions, let it be known that I fully respect and understand your feelings.

Thank you for the note.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show