Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: GETTING THERE.........

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

GETTING THERE.........

Let's see, where do I start today?

We are still moving! STILL!! It is strange to me that we have moved into a larger house with an extra bedroom and a REAL attic, and things just will not fit! I am wondering how I could get rid of SO MUCH "crap" and still have so much left! I tried really hard to set myself for 50/50 move and get rid of but ended up at about 60/40 and still need to get rid of much more stuff. I am now having to put ads in the paper to get rid of excess furniture that just won't fit anywhere. Unless we add on a large den to the back of the house. I really am in need of bookshelves to fit all the books and nic nacs that I refuse to get rid of. I am not materialistic but I am a collector. Mostly of useful things but I don't keep stuff that can be thrown away.

On that note, at what point do you begin to get rid of things that belonged to someone who has moved to heaven? I ask this because alot of the things that we moved over here were things that belonged to Ian and things from school, and momentos that I cherish and I guess I am holding on to them for fear of actually losing him! WEIRD! I know!

I am still recovering from the staph infection and though the healing is going well, it is uncomfortable and inconvienent, the antibiotics are finally beginning to leave me alone! YIPEE!! I am still really tired and it takes alot for me to get done just the things that HAVE to be done and then it is a struggle to do the rest of the stuff.

Paul is soooooo tired of moving and working on the other house. I wish we played the lottery so that we could hire out the rest of the things that have to be done just to place the house on the market. Little things but quite a few of them still. He has a doctor appt tomorrow to see if he has pneumonia. I am praying for bronchitis or something along that line so that he is not hospitalized. We have had enough of hospitals for a lifetime.

Kaylee is doing great and I will include some photos just below this blog to show you how she is growing up! She is such a joy! She constantly is amazing us with her wit and humor. A few days ago, I um....."accidently" let some gas "slip" and her immediate comment went like this, "HOW RUDE"! It was hilarious! She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to excuse myself and that she would then excuse me back! Ok, when did she get that smart? I also realized that YEAH!!! She really has been listening! Sometimes too much. A few weeks ago, she told my dad, "You are gettin on my last nerve"! That was sadly really funny! Her manors are great and she actually blows her nose, covers her mouth when she coughs and tries to cover her "hiney" when she......well you know!

Life goes on!

It is weird to be in a new house and feel like you have left something of great importance behind in the old one. We lived in the last house for 16 years. Our first home, Kendra's first home, Ian's first and Kaylee's first! How do you leave the door frame with all the measurments on it? How do you leave the tree you planted when you got pregnant with your son so he'd have a climbing tree? How do you leave behind the neighbors that you came to depend on in times of need and in times of crisis? It is heartbreaking as well as depressing. I believe I will have to ask my doctor for an anti-depressant before all this is done and over! I love the new place and Kaylee is so happy here! Our neighbors here have been friends with us for many years so that helps but it is still a new home! Like starting over but with all the baggage and junk from the old home!

(example of collectorism: I cleaned out a few cabinets in our old garage and pulled out probably close to 250 skeins of yarn.....all sorted by afghan plans!!!) SAD but true! I will be crocheting until I am firmly planted six feet down!

FAMILY NEWS;

My neice, Jamie, is marrying on August 12th, they will be living in New York either until she finished college or when she is done and her (now fiance) honey, Destin finds a job back down here. (she has asked Kaylee to be her flower girl! I am really excited about that!!!)

My sister and her husband will be moving to Little Rock shortly. Brian will be moving soon with his dad and my sister and Brian's mom will follow after the wedding and all the rest is finished up down here. In the process, she will be caring for her sister in law, Pam, who will be having the same back surgery that I had on the 20th of June. At the same time, her youngest daughter Brett will be graduating from highschool and gearing up to move to New York to attend her first year of college there and then on the a college in Arkansas. I am sure that there is something that I am leaving out but I suppose that this is enough for her for a while too!

One of my "adopted" daughters will be marrying her sweetie in October and I am really thrilled for her as well.

Paul will be turning the BIG 40 this summer and I can't wait to share his birthday surprise! I have to hold my tongue alot to keep from slipping about the plans I have for him. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Guess that is enough for now. Please continue to pray for my family as there are still illnesses and troubles that need God's love and mercy. Please leave a note to let me know you were here and so that I can pray for you as well.

My scripture for today is this:

Exodus 23:25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,


I am following this post with some pictures of the last few months! Enjoy!

Blessings and hugs,
Colleen

Comments:
Wow, that's alot. I'll be praying for all of your stuff going on. I have to tell you, I don't know if I could ever let go of things that belonged to a child of mine. Personally, I think it's fine if you keep it. I enjoy looking at all the girls stuff every once in a while and they are sitting right here. I don't know if that helps, but God will lead!
 
Robin, thank you for that! I get stuck on the small stuff so much that I can't see the greater picture. How difficult it must be for God to see the complete picture for all of us before we are even born. Makes one wonder. I know the saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff" but it is really hard sometimes. Thank you for your prayers too! I know that one day things will get to a normal status quo and I long for it to be soon but I will continue dealing as long as God chooses for me to bear burdens. With Him, I can handle anything satan throws at me!
 
First, if it makes you feel any better, we moved in November and our closets and storage still have much, much, MUCH that I need to sort through and get rid of.

And, I completely agree with Robin on keeping Ian's things. Those keepsakes are a treasure to enjoy until you are reunited with your son! Definitely NOT WEIRD.

I'm sure it's been emotionally draining to leave your old home. My prayers are with you guys right now! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show