Praynlady's Blessings & Other Fun Stuff: My prayerful thoughts for today as we pack and leave behind all that we hold dear

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My prayerful thoughts for today as we pack and leave behind all that we hold dear

Ike is not making me very happy!

I had my knee surgery yesterday and the after effects are that I am in pain and I am no help to anyone! Johnny and Mary have been helping so much by getting every thing all loaded and into the camper for Paul to help us out.

I am not an organizer so it is crazy chaos trying to figure out what needs to go and what needs to stay.

I aj totally freaked out because I can't control where my thoughts are going and the pain meds are not helping. As I write this, Paul and Kendra are asleep, Johnny, Mary, Faith and Kaylee left about 7 am and are on the road. We will not catch up but we are hoping to leave before lunch and traffic seems to start standing still. I have no plans to sit in the road with bumper to bumper traffic while trying to get the heck out of dodge.

Over the las few days, Ike has moved up the Texas coast line progressivley and Johnny's theory is that it will continue doing so until it's back over the Louisiana line.

Hurricanes make me want to ask God, what were you thinking? I mean termites? Wood peckers? Hurricanes?

I have enough to deal with on a normal (abnormal) day to day basis and now this.....

Please pray for all of us down on the coast and especially for those who have to leave and have no money to do so. Pray for those of us traveling on the highways and biways with no idea what to expect upon return.

Here is my prayer for today:

Father God, thank you for my family. Thank you for my health and the health of my family, thank you for the blessings you give me each and every day when I see Kaylee smile, or Kordell giggling or being mischevious, and Reigan laughing.
I ask that you watch over them/us all and place your arms around us for protection as we leave all of our lives behind us and head away from this storm. I pray that you watch over my friends and all family that are unable to leave for one reason or another and I pray that you give us peace as we drive away from our homes that hold so many things dear to us.
Father God, I ask you to comfort me and allow me to be able to travel with my knee, with as little discomfort as possible. Father, I pray that you will guide us as we begin our trip, take care of our homes, and Father, the selfish side of me wants to stay and hold on to everything because the memories are just not enough for me. Ian is in my heart but his things are in my home and I am afraid to leave them. This month is hard enough as it is and I am not sure that I can handle much more.
Father God, give me strength to handle all of this, peace of mind to let happen whatever needs to happen, and the courage to accept whatever comes!

Father, today, as we all begin the trek westward, northward and eastward, help us to have control, and to be courteous, and caring and mindful of others also having a tough time. Ease Paul's mind and let him have enough rest to make this trip without worrying to much!

Thank you Father for you love, for your son who died for me, and for constantly reminding me of the amazing love you have for your children. The sun is shining and I'm happy to be alive.

Guide us, protect us and keep us strong enough to handle what has yet to come!

Father, I humbly pray that you will destroy this storm before it destroys lives. I know that miracles do happen and I'm prepared to see one this week.

Amen

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to FlyLadyMentors
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »
Powered by RingSurf
  • Natalie Grant "Awaken"
  • I Can Only Imagine
  • Third Day
  • Wake Me When September Ends
  • elouai's doll maker 3
    www.flickr.com
    praynlady's photos tagged with show More of praynlady's photos tagged with show